"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Getting married in less than a week.

The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.

 ~ Rumi


After seven years (minus 7 or 8 months hiatus last year) of common-law living, Danika and I are making it official and getting married next weekend. The past year has been a struggle, but coming back together has helped us to see that the time apart was needed to see what we loved about each other. It sure as hell isn't some fairy tale wedding, but it's what's right -- where we belong.

No comments: