"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Thursday, April 04, 2013

UPDATE: Gout: Day three.

 Not the worst I've ever had, by far. But it doesn't get better or worse. It just is.
It's like zen gout or something.

UPDATE: Generally, when I get gout, it comes after a period of stress coupled with not drinking enough water and adding a trigger food. As a rule, trigger foods don't bother me. Alcohol (rarely), lentils, cranberries, shellfish, etc. are no problem. BUT, the first two seem to act as a set-up, with the food item triggering the attack.

Stress + Low Hydration + Trigger Food = Gout Flare

I could not for the life of me figure out what had done it. Mostly I've eaten pasta and breads. Then a few minutes ago I decided to heat up some leftovers. I pulled a container of homemade soup out of the fridge and dumped it into a pan to heat up. And then it hit me. It was a lentil soup I'd made last Friday and eaten some of over the next few days. That would have been the trigger food.

Now that I think about it... that soup is pretty old. Time for the disposal for that.

No comments: