"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Friday, March 01, 2013

Supposed to be?

 It's been a week of trying to figure where I am with things. There was a moment of healing and closure that came about unexpectedly. I'm back to that sense I had a month or so ago of feeling as though the future is wide open -- to the extent that I can't imagine what will happen. On one side it feels as though it is trying to ground and root. The other as though it's uprooting and flying about.

No comments: