"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

See the beauty

Alice Herz-Sommer is 109, was in a concentration camp in Terezin, and is STILL LIVING, in London.

She was interviewed by Bernard Hiller in December 2011. When she's asked about the secret to feeling good. “Optimism,” she said, “and looking for the good. Life is beautiful. You have to be thankful that we are living.. Wherever you look is beauty.”

And lastly: “I know about the bad things, but I look for the good things.”

No comments: