"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Money scares me






Why I'm Terrified of Money

I am terrified of money. If at all possible, I try to ignore its existence. I literally avert my eyes as the cashier hands me my receipt. 

Before I discovered the magic of direct deposit, my bosses had to track me down to hand me my checks. One finally asked why I was the only one who didn't come to the office to pick up my checks on payday and why I never opened them to make sure the hours were correct.

Read the complete article at MindBodyGreen

No comments: