"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Good vibes

My friend, Nicole, posted this on Facebook today. I thought it was quite lovely. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I was stricken with the oddest thing today... I went outside and the sky is as blue as the ocean is wide, the air is crisp, the sun is warm, and I finally heard the bell of the universe telling me what to do with my life... and right upside my head was a joy that was so pure and weightless it left me breathlessly giddy. I shouted down the street to the neighbor and we both tossed our hands up in the air to celebrate the beauty of the moment (nope, no joke, we are a brand of weird folk in the Q). I'm still grinning as I think about it. If I could bottle this feeling and sip on it for the rest of the year, well... no. I wouldn't. Because if I had it all the time, it wouldn't taste nearly as sweet or feel nearly as glorious. I'll treasure it is what I'll do and hopefully be just as open to hearing the whisper of joy that seems to constantly ride beside us when we only choose to listen."
~ Nicole Gramlich

No comments: