"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Thursday, October 11, 2012

yep


There's another version of this that says the same thing. Some shit about sowing a thought and reaping a whirlwind or something.  I hate that thing for it's attempt at cleverness. When I read this one the other day on Facebook it struck me differently -- and not because it's attributed to Gandhi. Maybe it's because it eschews the agricultural references and gets to the point. I guess it could just say that your thoughts become your destiny, so keep it chill.

No comments: