"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

SITREP

Today I have my first post-breakup counseling appointment. It's with our old counselor and I really like the guy. He's still working with other family members on other issues. I've been sooooo champing at the bit to get started. I'm pretty sure I'll have changed my mind by the time the appointment is done.

This evening I'm going to check out another AA meeting. My buddy, VD, called me from Maryland last night. He's been there, fought the fight and all. So it was a good encouraging talk.

Plus, Parenthood is on tonight. Love that show!

I don't know why, but I'm feeling really good about the day ahead.

No comments: