"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Friday, October 12, 2012

Quote of the Day

"I am wearing old boots with high Cuban heels 
Our souls they are worn and we stand here by grace 
My trousers are torn and my jacket is borrowed 
I am wearing my time behind the eyes in my face 

(Chorus): I am not looking for loose diamonds 
Or pretty girls with crosses around their necks 
I don't want for roses or water, 
I am not looking for God; I am not looking for sex 

I've worn out my welcome in certain small circles 
In Spanish bordellos and Confederate states 
But there is an angel in leathers and kindness 
And she whispers my name as she smiles at my fate  

And all the true believers are out on the road tonight 
No matter what happens, you know they'll be okay 
And to the rock and roll gypsies may the last song you sing 
Be by Mr. Van Zandt when you're down in old Santa Fe 

Now I have a mission and a small code of honor 
To stand and deliver by whatever measures 
And the message I give you is from this old poet Rilke 
He said "Our fears are like dragons guarding our most precious treasures". 

(Chorus changed)I am not looking for loose diamonds 
Or pretty girls with crosses around their necks 
I don't want for roses or water, 
I am not looking for God; and I just want to see whats next"

The Messenger By Ray Wylie Hubbard

No comments: