"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pretty much what it looks like

Tonight was my fourth AA meeting. The first one without having a drink first. It wasn't really 24 hours, but pretty close.  This is the so called Desire Chip. I don't know that I'll make it another 24 hours just yet, but, one day at a time, as they say.

It's sort of weird because everyone else seemed to have these quasi-dramatic drunken stories where they had blackouts and shit. My life went to shit, but it wasn't because of my drinking per se.

No comments: