"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Meditation for Men

Stolen from The Art of Manliness website

Two articles about meditation for men came through my aggregate reader yesterday. One is from About Meditation and the other from the Art of Manliness blog. Honestly, if you are reading my blog, you probably aren't too concerned about the manliness issue -- what with all the touchy-feely bullshit I post here, you're probably not too surprised. But the articles are good ones to look at for some of the benefits that affect men.

We are who we are, guys. We stuff our feelings and emotions. If you're like me, you think you've dealt with them. You think you've forgiven your dad or your ex(es). But that shit just causes stress, and stress brings on death. Stress is life in hell.

While the hardcore practioners may sit through the pain, don't feel like you have to do that. Get comfortable. Sit in a chair. Do it.

No comments: