"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Thursday, October 11, 2012

An amazingly beautiful film

Ashes and Snow is a stunning film from Gregory Colbert on Vimeo. I don't have permission to embed it here, so I'm giving you the link and strongly urging you to check it out when you can give it your attention. It is really wonderfully choreographed, filmed, and edited. But more than that, it is an examination of human-animal interaction. 


No comments: