"[My relationships were] like I was in these movies where the script was only half-written. When I’d get to the end of this half-script, the other actors wanted me to ad lib. But I had never gotten the hang of that. That’s why these movies were always box-office failures. Six of them in the past twenty years. I always blew the lines." ~ from my horrible first novel "Learn How To Pretend." (unpublished)(obviously)

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fatten up for the Slaughter!

Well, it's clear I've gone off on a tangent and am spending all my time reading Married to the Sea comics. Well, this is it! Tomorrow is (please, sweet merciful jesus!) my first payday as a professional non-TA teacher. This will (should) mean that I can begin on the more healthful diet -- that is to say, a roughly Primal diet. Initial goals are to eliminate the majority of grains, eliminate most fructose, eliminate processed food, and eat the hell out of some meat, boiiiii.

Or as Smokin' Joe Mercola says in an article about a dietary treatment for RA (which I suspect will help with Gout as well):
I cannot emphasize strongly enough the importance of this aspect of the program. It is absolutely an essential component of the RA protocol. Following these general guidelines alone will go a long way to dramatically reduce your risk of developing any kind of problem with chronic inflammation:
  • Eliminating sugar/fructose and most grains
  • Optimizing your gut flora with the use of high potency fermented vegetables and/or probiotics
  • Eating unprocessed, high-quality foods, organic and locally-grown if possible
  • Eating your food as close to raw as possible
  • Getting plenty high-quality animal-based omega-3 fats, such as krill oil
To read the full article, go to this place here - aka Mercola.com

No comments: